Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I need a very small rectangular tweeter

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For a litlle project of mine.

    I was digging through the dark parts of the house and I found some old aluminum mini speakers. So I've looked at these little Vifa Infinity 4.5" mid bass drivers at parts express and I'd like to turn it over and add a little horn tweeter on the bottom (now top) of the cabinet to "remind " me of my A7's, which aren't allowed upstairs.

    Horn and tweeter dimensions:
    Max width 4.5"
    Height 1 - 2"
    Depth max 4"

    I was wondering how big is the lens on a 604 tweeter?
    I think that would be the best looking mini horn of all!

    Any ideas or info are helpful,

    Cal

  2. #2
    Inactive Member HiFiPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm not sure. Have you considered to Electro Voice T-35 ? not TW version

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello HiFi,

    I went to the EV site and I don't see that tweeter. Can you send me a link?

    Thank you
    Cal Weldon

  4. #4
    Inactive Member HiFiPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cal Weldon

    EV T-35 was discontinue. You can easy to find it on E-Bay auctions. Ususally, T-35 electrofacing(alnco)in perfect conditions around $200. T-35A just around $100 per pair. Both performance are same.( 3500Hz to 20kHz )

    as same as Klipsch K-77 alnico

    REMIND : TW-35 (3500Hz to 18kHz)

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That horn is about the right size but I was hoping to get something new. It doesn't have to be a compression driver as it is being matched with a 4.5" woofer.

    Cal

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello HiFi,

    I went to the EV site and I don't see that tweeter. Can you send me a link?

    Thank you
    Cal Weldon

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello HiFi,

    I went to the EV site and I don't see that tweeter. Can you send me a link?

    Thank you
    Cal Weldon

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member djnagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HiFi and Cal, a little known fact is that speakerlab used the K77/T35 for their khorn knock offs. If you look under speakerlab on ebay, you can find them there for little $$$. Cheers

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Igor,

    Thanks for the info.

    I am hoping to use a new tweeter, not used.

    Also, I'm not sure why my posting came up 3 times. Maybe Todd can remove the extras.

    Cal

  10. #10
    Inactive Member HiFiPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cal Weldon

    sometimes you can find new old stocks on EBay from collectors re-selling.

    Igor said is correct that speakerlab also use EV oem but called HT-3500. I have seen EBay has a pair chrome version is selling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.